Has your skin been behaving…oddly? Your skin feels dry and tight but it doesn’t seem to want to absorb moisture. Creams and lotions sit on top of the skin surface but aren’t able to sink in. What’s even stranger is that your skin feels dry and greasy at the same time!
You might think you have dry skin, but in reality, your skin is actually dehydrated. And this article will talk about a product that can deal with your skin issue in no time at all. Whether your skin is dry, dehydrated, or rough and patchy, the hyaluronic acid in this Vichy Mineral 89 Serum is the miracle product that can fix it all.
If you want to find out more about the all-in-one product and what it can do for your skin, keep reading this Vichy Mineral 89 review!
How You Can Identify Dehydrated Skin
Dry skin is the absence of natural oils and is a skin type. On the other hand, dehydrated skin is a condition and can occur in any of the skin types, because it is caused by a lack of water in the top layer of the skin. As a result, it can be treated by hydrating the skin from both the inside and through topical creams, serums, and occlusives.
This condition is generally caused by prolonged sun damage, dry weather, frequent use of hot water, and aging. ACs and central heating can also dry your skin out, and so will using harsh skincare products.
Confused about whether your skin is just rough, dry, or actually dehydrated? If your skin has the following conditions, there is a very good chance that your skin is dehydrated.
- It looks dull and lackluster.
- It feels tight and uncomfortable.
- The texture feels rough and patchy.
- It is easily irritated and sensitive.
- Fine lines and small wrinkles are persistent and visible.
- Skin is suddenly saggy, with crow’s feet and frown lines.
What is Hyaluronic Acid and What Makes It So Special?
Hyaluronic acid, also known as sodium hyaluronate is a compound that is produced by the body. You can find it in high concentrations in the fluids found in the eyes and joints.
But what makes it so special? Hyaluronic acid has the unique ability to hold almost 1000 times its weight in water. It also helps repair the skin’s moisture barrier. When applied to the skin, it allows the skin to draw in moisture from the air, which moisturizes the skin and makes it plump and bouncy.
It delivers a huge dose of hydration and delivers it right to the surface of the skin and penetrates the deeper layers. As a result, the skin feels smooth, wrinkles, and fine lines are filled out, and your skin will look glowy and healthy.
Vichy Mineral 89 Review: What is It Like?
This serum comes in a no-frills bottle and is easy to dispense. Unlike most skin care products available nowadays, it has a simple formulation and a short ingredient list: just 11 ingredients.
Besides, this serum is very lightweight and is a wonderful alternative to rich creams that feel too heavy on your skin. It gently hydrates the skin without clogging any pores, doesn’t feel sticky or tacky afterward. Moreover, the serum is very cooling–it soothes irritated and red skin and calms rosacea flare-ups and flushed skin.
Also, Vichy Mineral 89 is more than just a serum; it also acts as a skin booster. When you apply a moisturizer on top of it, the hyaluronic acid in the serum will increase the moisturizing properties of the cream, allowing the skin to absorb it better.
The Vichy serum has two major ingredients:
Hyaluronic acid is the star ingredient of this serum and it is what makes the product so effective. It repairs a damaged moisture barrier, hydrates the skin deeply, and makes any other skincare product you use after it much more potent. Furthermore, it calms angry and irritated skin, diffusing redness, and smoothing patches of rough and sensitive skin.
Water and hyaluronic acid are the ideal duo and they need each other to work well. So it makes sense that this serum is 89% thermal water. How is this different from regular water? Thermal volcanic water has special healing properties and is rich in minerals.
The thermal water in the serum is sourced from French volcanoes and has antibacterial properties. It is also pH-balanced, and hydrates skin, as well as protecting it from environmental pollutants. Most importantly, it has 15 essential minerals that are great for the skin, including iron, potassium, and manganese.
These are just some of the great things this serum can do or you:
- It hydrates both dry and dehydrated skin effectively.
- It soothes and calms angry, red skin with rosacea, sun damage, and other issues.
- Suits all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Makes skin plump, bouncy, and luminous.
- Strengthens damaged skin barrier which prevents dryness and premature aging.
Some skincare products just talk big, but this one really gets the job done. On top of that, you can see improvements very quickly. Don’t believe it? A research carried out by the brand found that 8 out of 10 women noticed that their skin felt smoother and plumper right after using the serum.
Moreover, after using the serum for a month, 9 out of 10 women found that their skin was more glowing and luminous than it was before. These impressive stats make it pretty clear why this serum is recommended by dermatologists!
How to Use It for the Best Results
Although most serums are tricky, a hyaluronic acid serum is pretty forgiving. However, there are a few things you can do to make it even more effective and make sure you get your money’s worth.
- Apply the serum right after you pat it dry once you’re done cleansing but is still damp. You can also apply right after your toner, just before the toner is completely absorbed into your skin.
- Pat on a moisturizer after using this serum. This will make your skin even more hydrated and plump. You can even use it under your foundation.
- Also, you should make sure you top the serum with a cream, lotion, or occlusive to seal in the moisture when the weather is particularly dry. Doing this will make sure that the hyaluronic acid can draw moisture in from the cream and use it to hydrate your skin.
Hyaluronic acid is safe to use frequently as it isn’t an active ingredient and it is non-comedogenic. Because of this, you can use it every day without any issues.
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 2 x 5.2 inches
- Weight: 7.4 ounces
- Brand: Vichy
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Free from alcohol, parabens, and fragrance.
- Lightweight and non-sticky formula.
- Hydrates the skin and plumps it up, treating dryness, dehydration, and loose skin.
- Strengthens the skin’s moisture barrier which prevents loss of water from the epidermis.
- Makes the skin radiant and healthy-looking.
- Reduces redness and irritation in sensitive skin.
- Can be overpriced for some people, but the benefits make the price quite worthwhile.
- Contains Phenoxyethanol which can be irritating for a few people.
Why I Recommend It
I love a good hyaluronic acid and I was quite intrigued by the Vichy Mineral 89 Serum because of the thermal water in it. Also, the simplicity of the formulation was pretty stunning; after all, it has only two main ingredients, one of which is basically a fancy version of water.
This serum doesn’t disappoint because it is lightweight, spreads easily, and sinks right into the skin. It works well under both moisturizers and foundation and doesn’t pill when layered with other products. It hydrates skin quickly, making it look plump and healthy after just one use.
Moreover, it is safe to use and won’t irritate sensitive skin. Besides that, it is suitable for use on all skin types. No matter what kind of issue you have, this serum can heal your skin. When used regularly, your skin will become bouncy, luminous, and smooth.
Long Story Short
In short, this serum is the perfect product for dry, irritated, and dehydrated skin. As this Vichy Mineral 89 review demonstrates, the hyaluronic acid serum hydrates the skin deeply, plumping up the skin and reversing damage caused by the sun and dry winds.
It also treats premature aging by filling out fine lines and sagging skin, rejuvenating the skin and making it radiant and soft. If your skin is thirsty, damaged, and rough, this serum can infuse it with a new life.
More Related Product Reviews: