Who doesn’t love a warm, bronzed look?
It doesn’t just make your skin glow and look alive. The perfect tan makes it look like you spent a week on the beach, basking in the sun.
But most of us can’t get away from our lives and go on beach vacations. And frequent tanning is terrible for your skin in the long run.
Then how are you supposed to get that healthy golden glow throughout the year?
Self-tanners are a huge blessing for people with pale skin. They are fairly easy to find, the application is a breeze, and they don’t damage your skin.
Today, I am going to review the St. Tropez Self Tan Express and show you how well it works. I’ll tell you how to apply it, how it holds up, and whether I liked this self-tanner.
Interested? Keep reading and find out everything about the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse!
The St. Tropez Self Tan Express comes in a 6.7oz bottle. The tanner is dispensed through a pump, so there is almost no chance of spills or accidental leaks. The cap is also pretty sturdy, making it safe to carry in bags when traveling.
Here are the things I noticed about the St. Tropez Self Tan Mousse.
Easy to Apply:
Since the tanner is a mousse, it is super lightweight. This makes it easy to
apply. It has an airy, whipped texture and isn’t greasy like tanning lotions. The texture helps you apply the tanner evenly across your skin, and you won’t have to worry about using a light hand.
The best thing about this mousse? It barely has any smell!
Anyone who has used self-tanning lotion or tanning sprays will tell you just how awful they smell. Most tanning sprays have such a strong smell that it clings to your skin, even after a bath.
This one has a very mild, ‘barely-there’ smell. Other people won’t smell it on you or realize you’re using a self-tanner.
When it comes to actual tanning ability, this self-tan mousse didn’t disappoint. After leaving it on for two hours, I found that it gave me a nice, decently bronzed tint.
Ease of Use and Controllability:
What sets it apart from other mousse tanners? The St. Tropez Self Tan continues to develop color up to 8 hours after it is washed off. This means that the final result is a little darker than what you see right after your shower.
If you’re not satisfied with your tan, give it an hour or two–the color will deepen.
The mousse also has a slight greenish tint. This is barely noticeable and the green cancels out any redness in your skin. Overall, it has a warm, golden undertone.
This makes it perfect if you have pale skin and cool undertones. On the other hand, if you already have a warm undertone with hints of yellow or gold, don’t leave the mousse for over an hour. You might look too yellow.
Remember to always patch test skin products before use.
I loved that this self-tanner didn’t leave me looking ridiculously orange. Instead, my skin looked healthy, bronzed, and vibrant.
St. Tropez Self Tan Advanced Express Bronzing Mousse Review
Let’s get right into the review. The St. Tropez Self Tan Express is one of the most popular self-tan bronzing mousses available on the market. You might be wondering, why is it so popular? What’s with all the hype?
To begin with, this self-tanner really meant it when they called themselves express. It works very quickly and you need to leave it on for just an hour if you want a light, sun-kissed look.
This makes it extremely useful if you need to get ready for a last-minute event. Also, unlike other tanners, this gives you a very even application. No more worrying about a streaky tan or splotches of darker skin!
For a slightly deeper tan, leave it on for 2 hours. For a dark and ultra-bronzed look, leave the tanner on for 3 hours before showering.
It is also transfer-proof and won’t leave stains on your bed sheets or towels. The tanner dries matte and won’t make your skin feel tacky or sticky.
Also, when it fades, it will fade evenly and won’t leave harsh lines or discoloration. The best part? This mousse is moisturizing and ultra-hydrating and is safe to use on dry skin.
Vegan-Friendly and Safe:
This tanner is free from harmful chemicals, making it perfect for sensitive skin. It has no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates and uses naturally derived DHA. Also, all their ingredients are vegan-friendly.
St. Tropez Self Tan Express Advanced Bronzing Mousse in a Nutshell:
Here’s a summary of the self-tan mousse, what I liked and disliked about it and why I recommend it.
- Dimensions: 2.1 x 2.4 x 2.1 inches
- Weight: 7 ounces
- Brand: St. Tropez
- Quick drying. You just need to wait an hour to see the results!
- Applies smoothly and gives a warm, bronzed glow. This self-tanner applies evenly and won’t leave streaks or harsh lines.
- No overpowering smell. Instead, it has a mild and pleasant fragrance.
- You can control the level/depth of tanning. You just have to wait for the time mentioned on the packaging.
- Natural looking. The St. Tropez Self Tanner won’t oxidize and turn orange. Instead it will leave you looking bronzed and glowing.
- Tan lasts long and fades evenly. No patches of discoloration!
- It’s a little expensive-but I guarantee that it’s well worth the money!
- Some people don’t like the green tint. However, if you have issues with redness and flushed skin, the green undertone will cancel them out.
Why I Recommend It:
I liked the St. Tropez Self Tan Express because of how easy it was to use and because of the excellent results it delivered. There was no strong smell, no orange tones, and no streaks. Instead, I had a lovely, bronzed glow that looked perfectly natural!
How to Use the St. Tropez Self Tan Express Advanced Bronzing Mousse
Here’s how you should use the self-tan mousse for the best results.
- Exfoliate and clean the areas you want to apply the tanner. Use a loofah or scrub to buff off dead skin. This will make the tanner apply uniformly.
- Moisturize the dry parts of your body, like your elbows, knees, and feet.
- Use the applicator mitt to apply the self-tan mousse using long, sweeping motions. Start at your feet and work your way upwards.
- Wait 5 minutes to let the tanner dry before getting dressed. Wear something light and loose-fitting so the tanner won’t get rubbed off.
- Wait for 1, 2, or 3 hours, depending on how deep you want your tan. Then wash off the mousse using lukewarm water. Moisturize lightly afterward. Your tan will continue to deepen and develop over the next 8 hours.
Self-tans are usually a hit or a miss. You either look glowing and sun-kissed, or end up resembling a pumpkin.
With the St. Tropez Self Tan Express, you will get even, tanned skin and a healthy glow that lasts for days. This makes the Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse one of the best self tanners available on the market.
Application is easy and the mousse is silky and dries smoothly. The wonderful results make this self-tanner worth every penny.
If you want sun-kissed and vibrant skin, give this mousse a try. Get a perfect tan before your next event and watch heads turn everywhere!
More Related Product Review: