A wise man (or woman) once said, “Life is short. You might as well live it with great hair.” And whoever said it made a really good point.
Why must you deal with misbehaving hair every day? You shouldn’t put up tangled, frizzy locks that break your hairbrush and makes you look like you just got electrocuted.
If you’ve been looking for something that can help your dry and frizzy hair, Pureology just might have the solution. The Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo claims to transform dry hair and make it soft, silky, and smooth.
Pureology has a super dedicated customer base and is wildly popular among both celebrities and hairdressers. A quick online search will give you hundreds of positive Pureology reviews.
In my Pureology Hydrate Shampoo review, I will look at the shampoo’s ingredients, what the shampoo does, whether it actually works, and what makes it special.
Let’s take a closer look at this shampoo!
Key Ingredients in the Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo
What makes the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo perfect for frizzy, dry hair? To begin with, it contains things that both hydrate and moisturize the hair.
Also, it doesn’t have any sulfates. Sulfates are the detergents in body care products. Although the sulfates are great cleansing agents, they are stripping and can dry out hair and skin.
Sulfates in shampoo tend to make hair dry and very frizzy.
These Pureology Hydrate Shampoo ingredients make your hair soft and smooth.
Aloe Vera is famously used in cosmetics because of its hydrating and moisturizing properties. It acts as a conditioner, adding shine to hair.
Moreover, aloe vera repairs dead skin cells on the scalp so it treats and prevents dandruff and flakey skin on the head. It also reduces hair fall and itchiness and makes your hair smooth and silky.
Green tea contains antioxidants and Vitamin B and makes your hair look and feel healthy. Also, it has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat itchy and sensitive scalps.
Furthermore, green tea conditions and hydrates hair, making it feel soft and supple.
Frizzy hair is thirsty and needs a lot of moisture. Jojoba oil is rich in fatty acids and deep-conditions hair.
This oil protects hair, preventing frizz, and split ends. If your hair is prone to breakage, jojoba will fix it. The moisture in the oil will treat dryness, giving you smooth and soft skin.
Ylang-ylang, Bergamot, and Patchouli:
There are traces of these ingredients because they smell divine. This makes the shampoo smell divine. Pureology Hydrate reviews all rave about how good this shampoo smells. These scents will turn your everyday shower into a mini-aromatherapy treatment.
Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo Review
Now, let’s move onto what you’ve been waiting for. This Pureology shampoo comes in a minimalistic, lilac bottle. It looks super chic and the bottle itself looks like it is salon-quality.
Here’s what you need to know about the Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo.
The shampoo comes in many different sizes. If you want to experiment and see if the shampoo suits you, you can get the sample-size 8.5 oz Pureology Hydrate shampoo.
On the other hand, if you want to buy in bulk, you can always get or Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 1 liter (33.8oz).
Here’s the answer to the question you’ve been asking the whole time. Yes, this shampoo really does what it promises.
It makes your hair soft and smooth. It hydrates hair and soothes the scalp. If you have an itchy or sensitive scalp, this will reduce the itchiness.
This shampoo transforms your hair, adding shine and vibrance to your locks. The Pureology Hydrate shampoo is safe for color-treated hair because it is sulfate-free. Dyed and bleached hair is usually brittle, dry, and in need of hydration.
The shampoo will gently clean dry hair while adding moisture to it. This, in turn, will leave it smooth, soft, and bouncy.
As I mentioned earlier, the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo smells amazing. It uses ylang-ylang, bergamot, and patchouli to give it a delicate floral and musky smell. Also, there is mint and rosemary, which adds a minty note to the smell.
To put simply, this shampoo has a heavenly scent.
Besides softening, it also smoothens hair. This means your hair won’t get tangled as often. After just one wash, you will be able to run your fingers through your hair without them getting caught in knots or snarls. Furthermore, your flyways will be minimal and manageable.
If you have especially coarse and frizzy hair, I recommend getting the Pureology Hydrate
Shampoo and Conditioner set.
- Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 6 inches
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Brand: Pureology
- Smoothens and softens hair. The sulfate-free formula makes this shampoo perfect for frizzy hair. The hydrating ingredients provide moisture to thirsty and dry locks. After the first use, you will have soft, silky, and frizz-free locks.
- Vegan-friendly. The shampoo doesn’t use animal or animal-derived ingredients and is suitable for vegans.
- Concentrated and strong. You only need a small amount of shampoo to wash medium length hair. A quarter-sized amount is enough to completely clean your hair and scalp.
- Safe for colored hair. This shampoo is gentle and won’t mess with your dyed or bleached hair. It also has an AntiFade Complex which keeps colored hair bright and vibrant.
- Generous lather. Many sulfate-free shampoos barely produce any lather. This shampoo creates lots of lather that you can work into your hair properly. Lather also makes it easy to massage the shampoo on your scalp. As a result, your hair and scalp will feel very clean after a wash.
- Made with 95% recycled plastic. The bottle is made from Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) plastic, making it very environment-friendly.
- Rather expensive. On the other hand, as many Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner reviews will tell you, the brand delivers salon-quality results. The results make this shampoo worth the money.
- Results take time. Like other body care products, you won’t get instant results. After the first few washes, your hair will be softer but not smooth and completely frizz-free. You will need to wait 2-3 weeks to see a significant change in your hair.
Why I Recommend It:
What I loved about the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo was how it makes the hair feel so clean, while being sulfate-free.
After the first two washes, your hair will feel soft, frizz-free, and clean. It adds a healthy shine and bounce to your hair. In short, hair will look and feel rejuvenated after using this shampoo.
Also, the shampoo makes your hair smell great, and the smell won’t fade. It is also vegan and environment-friendly, which are bonus points. These features set it apart from many other drugstore and high-end shampoos.
Haircare products can be a little tricky to get right. You always need to be on the lookout for the perfect shampoo that will suit your hair just right.
Frizzy hair can be frustrating and demoralizing to deal with. However, with the right products and a little bit of love, you can replenish your dry hair.
This Pureology Hydrate Shampoo review aims to give you a possible solution to your hair troubles. With this soothing, moisturizing shampoo, you can transform your brittle, angry hair into sleek runway locks.
So, give this shampoo a try and fall in love with your hair again!
More Related Product Review: