Have you ever spent hours with the flat-iron, straightening your hair to perfection, only to have it frizz up the minute you step outdoors?
Or have you spent ages following a complicated hairstyle tutorial, and ended up with wilted, limp hair 10 minutes later?
If you have, then you’re all too familiar with the blood-curdling rage that follows when a good hair day turns bad really fast.
If you’re looking for a product that will help your hair resist heat and humidity, you’re in luck! The Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum primes and smoothens hair, adding shine to it and protecting it from heat, wind, and humidity.
In this Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum review, I shall go through all the features of this serum and why it’s a styling product worth getting.
What’s Up with the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum?
Paul Mitchell’s hair products are known for being special in terms of quality and effectiveness. This Super Skinny Serum is no different. Let’s take a quick peek at what makes this product so amazing.
Vegan and Cruelty-Free:
Many people choose to use only vegan products due to ethical reasons. All of Paul Mitchell’s products are cruelty-free and the brand does not test on animals.
Moreover, the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum ingredients are all plant-based. They don’t use any kind of ingredients that are derived from animals. If you’re a vegan, you can go ahead and use this serum with no worries.
Parabens were once used in almost all skin- and hair care products. However, nowadays people are much more aware of what they use on themselves.
Research shows that parabens can disrupt the way hormones are produced and function in the body. When used for years, parabens can cause fertility problems and even cancer. Because of these concerns, the Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum has no parabens.
People with celiac disease are often suspicious about styling or body care products with gluten in them. As for people with a gluten allergy, products with gluten in them can cause a nasty reaction. This Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum is gluten-free and is safe for those with celiac disease or a gluten allergy.
What I Liked About the Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum
After dealing with a lot of serums that were sticky and not very effective, the Paul Mitchell Serum was a breath of fresh air. Here’s why I liked it so much!
When it comes to the formula of the Super Skinny Serum, Paul Mitchell certainly knew what he was doing. Unlike many other serums, it isn’t heavy or greasy at all. Instead, it is super lightweight and non-sticky.
It smooths down your hair without any kind of oil. Moreover, it makes your locks silky and smooth without weighing them down.
The wow-factor for me was how soft the serum makes your hair. Right after the first application, you will notice how soft and smooth your hair feels. Flyaways are tamed and there won’t be any frizz sneaking up on you.
Another plus point is how long the serum lasts. No matter how hot or humid it is outside, your hair will remain sleek and silky. It also makes your straightened or curled hairstyles last much longer.
Many serums and hair care products have strong and overpowering fragrances. On the other hand, the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum has a mild and pleasant smell that lingers in your hair. It isn’t cloying or nauseating; instead, you’ll want to sniff your hair all day long.
Like I mentioned earlier, this serum is pretty tough. You can apply it and run your hair through a flat iron, or twist it in your curling iron and it won’t dry out your hair.
Similarly, even if it is particularly hot or windy outside, your hair won’t get frizzy or tangled. This may be the biggest reason why the Skinny serum is so highly recommended.
- Dimensions: 1.9 x 1.9 x 7.9 inches
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Brand: Paul Mitchell
- Safe ingredients. The formula is paraben and gluten-free. Also, it is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Lightweight formula. The serum is non-sticky and isn’t greasy. This way it adds shine to your hair without weighing it down.
- It makes your hair soft, smooth, and frizz-free. The serum tames frizzy and dry hair, adding healthy moisture. This makes hair sleek and silky before and after styling.
- Long-lasting. It lasts the whole day and keeps your hair looking neat. It also sets your hairstyles and keeps your hair in place no matter what.
- Smells good. This serum keeps your hair smelling amazing for hours at a time.
- Expensive. Make no mistake, this serum isn’t exactly cheap. However, a little goes a long way, so a bottle will last for ages. Since it gets the job done, I say it’s worth splurging on.
- Fake versions of the product exist. Make sure you buy the serum from a trusted, reputable retailer.
Why I Recommend the Paul Mitchell Straightening Serum:
Perfect serums are almost impossible to come by. This skinny serum is a holy grail product if you have hair that frizzes very easily. As you can probably tell from This Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum review, there’s a lot to love about it.
Your hair will look and feel incredibly soft and smooth after using it. More importantly, your hair will stay that way throughout the day. No matter how bad the weather is outside, your locks will look like you just strolled out of the salon.
Using the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Just got the serum and not sure how to use it? Relax; I got you covered! Here’s how you should use the skinny serum for the best results.
- Start off with freshly washed, damp hair.
- Depending on how thick or long your hair is, squirt out anywhere from half a pump to two pumps of the Super Skinny hair product and rub it between your palms. Remember, it’s very concentrated, so you won’t need it too much.
- Gently work the serum down the length of your hair.
- Continue to style your hair as usual. For added shine, emulsify a few drops of Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and rub it onto the ends of your hair.
- Voila! Your hair will look sleek, smooth, and runway ready. And stay that way all day!
Styling hair can seem like a huge chore when all you do is try to fight the frizz. This Skinny serum offers a much simpler option and is worth looking into. This Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum review will hopefully convince you to give it a try.
A good hair day can make you feel like a star, and you shouldn’t let a little heat or humidity get in the way of that. You deserve to feel awesome and your hair deserves the extra love the serum offers.
And that’s why you should buy the Super Skinny Serum today! You’ll find yourself reaching for it every time you need to style your hair.
More Product Review:
- IS Clinical Active Serum– Is It Actually A Miracle Product?