Hair is wholly unpredictable.
It has mood swings and acts a lot like a hormonal teenager.
One day it’s wild, unruly, and frizzy. The next day it’s limp, greasy, and apathetic. If you’re lucky, it will behave once in a while, giving you the rare good hair day.
Fine and greasy hair is a whole different nightmare. The hair feels limp and lifeless and cannot hold on to the simplest styles. Even a braid will be impossible to do.
Hair will stick to the scalp and will look greasy–even if you washed it just hours before. Besides this, your locks will lack texture, which is why you can’t style it. This is where texturizing sprays come in to save the day.
I’m going to talk about a particular texturizing spray; the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. This Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray review will take a look at what the spray is made of, what it does, and whether it really works.
What Does the Oribe Texturizing Spray Do?
This spray is special because it is a 2-in-1 product. What does it do?
The Oribe spray adds incredible volume and lots of texture to limp, fine hair. This makes it the perfect hair styling product when making elaborate braids or elegant updos.
This spray also doubles as a dry shampoo. If you have greasy roots, the spray will absorb the oils there. The spray won’t leave any white or powdery residue. Instead, your hair will look clean and freshly styled.
What’s in the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray?
The spray contains lots of things that are good for your hair. Here are the main Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ingredients:
These crystals act like microscopic sponges. They absorb oil, dirt, and even odors from your hair and scalp. This will keep your hair looking and smelling clean and fresh.
It has a unique blend of polymers that soak up excess oil. They will fix limp hair and greasy roots in seconds.
Oribe Signature Complex:
This blend of extracts contains watermelon, lychee, and edelweiss flowers. This blend is full of antioxidants and acts as a protective shield for your hair. As a result, it is safe for colored or bleached hair, making it a good ombre texturizing spray.
It protects hair from oxidative stress, photo-aging, and the natural breakdown of keratin. Furthermore, it hydrates dry and brittle hair, leaving it bright and smooth.
Sunflower Seed Extract:
This adds shine and moisture to the hair. It also provides color protection, making it ideal for color-treated hair.
The ginger extract will stimulate the hair follicles, encouraging healthy growth. It also promotes circulation in the scalp, besides adding shine and softness.
Mango, Kiwi, and Passion Flower Extract:
These fruit extracts deliver antioxidants to the hair; they nourish and hydrate your locks while maintaining moisture balance.
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray Review
This spray made some pretty tall claims and I was curious about whether it lived up to them. The spray bottle is sleek and slender, with a minimalist design.
It is perfect for second- and third-day hair and gives your hair body and dimension. If you want a messy hairdo like you just rolled out of bed, this is the product you should reach for.
The Oribe spray comes with a nozzle and a cap. It is travel-friendly and can be carried around in a bag without worrying about leaks or spillage.
If you want to try out the spray, but don’t want to waste money on a large bottle, you can get the sample-sized Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray 8.5 oz.
Here’s what you need to know about this hair spray.
Many hair sprays leave your hair feeling weighed down and greasier than it was before. This spray is extremely light and won’t weigh down fine hair.
It gently nourishes hair without adding any kind of grease or oil to it. This makes it the best dry texturizing spray.
An oily scalp can make your hair lie flat against it. Fine hair is also more prone to lankness and grease. Flat hair looks lifeless and won’t style well.
This spray adds both texture and volume to fine hair. However, it gives you control over how much volume it adds, so you won’t have to worry about crazy-looking, poofy hair.
Thanks to all the lovely fruit and flower extracts, this spray smells absolutely lovely. The musky-floral fragrance is reasonably strong but not overpowering.
This is a pretty high-end hairspray and is very popular everywhere. You might be wondering, “Where can I get this Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray?”
- Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 6 inches
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Brand: Oribe
- Adds texture. The spray adds texture to flat and fine hair. This makes it possible to get that tousled, perfectly undone hairstyle.
- Acts as a dry shampoo. This spray is special because it doubles as a dry shampoo. The spray soaks up oil on the scalp without leaving any residue.
- Has great hold. Everyone expects their hairspray to have a strong hold and keep their hairstyles intact. This spray does just that. Whether you have loose curls or beachy waves, the spray can make your hairdo last.
- Fabulous smell. The spray has a wonderful scent that will eliminate or mask the smell of grease and body oils.
- Gives UV protection. This spray also offers UV protection for hair. This makes it perfect for dyed hair as it will prevent the color from fading when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Expensive. This spray isn’t cheap. However, since it really does what it claims and is loved by celebrity stylists and beauty editors everywhere, I think it is well worth the price.
- There are lots of knock offs and counterfeit versions. Make sure you buy the authentic one!
Why I Recommend It:
This spray is a super versatile styling product. You can use it to add texture, absorb grease, hold styles, and even eliminate funky smells. Besides being a styling product, it also works as a dry shampoo. Most importantly, it is invisible and won’t show up on your scalp.
The smell is a bonus and is an instant mood booster. All in all, there is nothing you won’t love about this dry hair spray.
You may be wondering how to use the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. Here’s how you should use it to get the best results.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Spray the product directly onto your hair. If you want to use it as a dry shampoo, lift your roots and spray. To use it as a texturizing spray, apply the product evenly across the length of your hair. You can even spray it onto a finished updo as a setting spray.
- If you want to use it to hold already styled hair, spray it liberally over your straightened, curled, or crimped hair. When used with heat or other styling tools, it will have greater hold.
- Add the finishing touches to your hair and you’re ready to go!
If you have long hair, or you need to style it often, get the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray Set. This will let you style your hair perfectly and will cover all your styling needs.
A good hairdo can elevate the simplest of looks. They look amazing and can be a real confidence booster. And tousled, deliberately messy hairdos? They look amazingly chic, sultry, and playful.
If you often have trouble styling your hair, investing in a good styling spray can be a game-changer. And there’s a very good chance that the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray will solve all your styling problems. In that case, this Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray review will tell you everything there is to know about it.
Take a chance with this spray and give it a shot. And the next time you head out to somewhere fancy, your hair will look like you just stepped out of a swanky hair salon!