Have you been suffering from extreme hair loss and damage? Are you tired of trying one product after another in order to find a solution?
Nioxin System 2 is widely famous for being an effective hair loss treatment, but is it going to suit your hair?
In this article, I am going to review all the good and bad of NIoxin System 2 Hair Care Kit so that you can make the right decision for yourself.
What is Nioxin?
Nioxin is a really popular hair care brand that caters toward hairfall and hair thinning issues. They have many different hair care products designed for people with different hair types, climate, lifestyle and moisture level.
They market themselves as the ultimate hair care brand that cleanses the hair and scalp by decreasing sebum, dirt and pollutants as well as increasing blood circulation and overall hair health. They carry a line called System Hair Care Kit which has 6 different system kits for different types of hair.. In this review I am going to discuss their System 2 kit for natural hair with progressed thinning. Let’s see if they live up to the hype or not.
A Quick Look at – Nioxin System 2 Kit
The Nioxin System 2 Shampoo was designed to address the issues of thinning and receding hair on natural hair without any heat or color damage. One of the downsides for nioxin products is their long list of chemical ingredients. Their products are filled with chemicals that they claim to be important for hair growth. However, they have some really good natural ingredients in their shampoo and conditioners as well.
Some of the natural ingredients available in System 2 shampoo are:
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil
- Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil
- Camellia Sinensis leaf extract
- Urtica Dioica (Nettle) extract
- Serenoa Serrulata fruit extract
- Humulus Lupulus extract
- Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) peel extract
There are many benefits of Nioxin shampoo claimed by the brand and long time users:
- It reduces the production of DHT, which is basically responsible for the inability of the hair follicles to produce healthy hair.
- It increases blood circulation and flow which helps the follicles to get adequate oxygen and nutrients.
- It reduces inflammation on the scalp including dandruffs. Dandruffs are a sign of over activity of the sebaceous glands. The System 2 shampoo has anti bacterial capacity that eliminates scalp issues.
How To Use:
Apply to wet hair and gently massage into scalp and hair. Let it lather for one minutes before you rinse it thoroughly.
Scalp Therapy Conditioner:
System 2 Scalp Therapy Conditioner by Nioxin along with the shampoo is formulated to be the perfect pair for noticeably thinning, fine natural hair. It is a lightweight conditioner that provides enough moisture after a deep cleaning session. It helps to provide hair resilience and creates a protective layer on the hair.
Some of the prominent benefits of using System 2 Conditioner includes:
- It adds weight and moisture to the hair making it silky and smooth to touch.
- The lightweight conditioner contains BioAMP technology that provides a thicker looking lock by taking care of each hair strand.
- It amplifies the hair texture while providing a natural shine to it.
How To Use:
After cleansing with the Nioxin 2 Shampoo, distribute a generous amount onto the scalp, throughout the hair. Leave it for 1-3 minutes and rinse well.
Scalp and Hair Treatment:
Nioxin System 2 Scalp and Hair Treatment for natural hair is a leave-in-conditioner formulated to prevent hair loss due to breakage. It provides a volumizing effect on thinning hair while maintaining the natural pH balance.
Some of the key benefits of using Nioxin Scalp and Hair treatment includes:
- The antioxidants and botanicals in the treatment helps to clean and refresh the scalp.
- It has a scalp access delivery system with vitamins, botanicals, spf 15 sunscreen and purifying agents.
- It contains BioAMP with cysteine amino acids that increases the fullness of each hair strand resulting in thicker looking hair.
- It contains active renewal agents with tea extract, peppermint oil and other cleansing agents.
How To Use:
After showering, distribute a dime size amount evenly through damp, towel-dried hair. Let that sit and sink in for a minute before blow drying or air drying as usual.
Nioxin System 2 is Designed for:
Hair Type: Natural Hair
Thinning Stage: Progressed Thinning
Moisture Need: Light Moisture
Color Safety: No
UV Protection: Yes
Removes Environmental Residue: Yes
What Makes Nioxin 2 So Ideal for Progressed Thinning ?
Strengthens hair – Prevents damage and Breakage:
Each Nioxin System is designed for people with a different hair type and problem. Nioxin System 2 is catered for natural hair with progressed thinning issues. Most of the time extreme hair loss in natural hair occurs due to breakage and hair porosity level. The system 2 helps to strengthen the hair by increasing the structure of the hair follicles and repairing split ends.
Active Renewal Technology:
The Scalp and Hair Treatment by Nioxin System 2 is a deep penetrating leave-in-conditioner that absorbs into the hair shaft without causing residue buildup. This treatment contains a blend of unique hair growth reactivating ingredients that reboots inactive hair follicles and prevents hair loss. This is suitable for both men and women.
Volumizing and Nourishing:
Once you start using System 2 by Nioxin, this will become your can’t-live-without hair care routine that will transform your hair. The added volume benefits not only nourishes and detangle the hair, but adds strength and eliminates frizz. I love that the organic and natural ingredients give your hair a boost and a brilliant shine. You won’t be able to stop looking at your hair.
Active Sun Protection:
One thing that I really like about Nioxin System 2 is how much they emphasize the use of sun protectants for your hair. Nioxin 2 contains active sun protectant ingredients as they work as a shield to prevent your hair from turning dry and brittle. The UV rays damage our scalp resulting in excess oil and sebum production. These excess oils clog the hair follicles which results in hair thinning or balding. So before you take preventative steps, it’s more important to protect the hair.
- Fuller and thicker hair with less fallout
- Active sun protection with SPF 15
- Perfect for greasy hair as it minimizes sebum and oil production
- Fights against dandruff and other scalp inflammations
- Nourishing formula, gives shine to the hair.
- Contains sodium lauryl and sodium laureth sulfate . They are harsh detergents that can lead to irritation of the scalp.
- Contains a lot of different chemicals so it is not an organic product. If you have sensitive skin, this can lead to redness and itching.
Does Nioxin System 2 Really Work?
Nioxin System 2 does not claim to be a hair growth product, but is designed to control some of the underlying reasons behind any hair fall issues.
If you think about it, most of the hair fall issues occur due to the following problems:
- Excess oil production
- Reduced blood circulation
- Diet and lifestyle issues
- Scalp inflammation
- Hormonal Imbalance
We have already talked about the three different hair care products in the System 2 kit. You can tell apart from a few issues, most of the hair loss problems from the list have been mentioned by Nioxin.
Nioxin System 2 works well if you have natural hair without any prior heat or color damage. It has active sun protectant technology that eliminates any risk of sun damage while improving the overall health of your hair by providing better blood circulation.
The final question you probably have in mind is how long it might take to see any visible result. Well this varies from person to person. Some users said it only took two weeks for them to see an improvement whereas others said two to three months. The team behind Nioxin says to use system 2 regularly for a few months because hair growth and development takes a lot of time. You have to be patient while using the Nioxin System 2 Hair Care Kit.
More Related Product Review: