Has your hair become a little thinner?
Does your ponytail look less full? Do you shed lots of hair in the shower, or while styling it? Are your friends starting to get concerned?
You might have been in denial at first, telling yourself you were imagining things. Or maybe you blamed it on your shampoo, or your diet, or stress.
But hair loss is a very real possibility. And if it’s happening to you, it is best to start treating it at the earliest stages. And what better product to treat hair loss than the Nioxin System 1 Hair Care Kit?
The products in the System 1 kit are meant for hair with light thinning. In my Nioxin System 1 review, I’m going to talk about the different products in the kit, what they do, and what I like about it.
Nioxin System 1: What’s in the Kit?
The Nioxin System 1 has 3 separate products; each geared to improve scalp health and reduce hair fall. Nioxin for oily hair also removes excess sebum and grease, making your scalp feel clean and fresh.
Let’s take a closer look at each of the three products.
Nioxin 1 Cleansing Shampoo:
The Nioxin System 1 shampoo is formulated to treat fine hair that hasn’t been chemically treated in any way. Moreover, Nioxin Shampoo 1 is a detoxing and clarifying shampoo. If you want to get this shampoo in bulk, you can get the Nioxin shampoo 1 liter.
This means it removes all kinds of dirt, sebum, residue, and build-up on the scalp and around the roots. As a result, it cleans everything that might be weighing your hair down. Instead, your hair will have body and volume, along with a lustrous shine.
Nioxin 1 Scalp Therapy Conditioner:
After using the Nioxin 1 Shampoo, this is where their conditioner comes in. If you struggle with conditioners weighing down your fine hair, the Nioxin Cleanser and Scalp Therapy will be your lifesaver.
This conditioner works by gently moisturizing both your hair and your scalp. The improved moisture balance in your hair will make your hair stronger and more resilient. Moreover, the moisture will plump out your hair, making it look fuller and thicker.
Nioxin 1 Scalp and Hair Leave-In Treatment System:
This product is meant to be used after Nioxin System 1 Shampoo and Conditioner. It is a leave-in conditioner that gives your scalp additional hydration. Furthermore, it acts as a refresher that improves the scalp’s health.
What Makes the Nioxin System 1 Worth It?
There is a lot of hype surrounding Nioxin products. But once you move past the hype, what makes these products worth your money? Here’s what I found worked well about the Nioxin System 1.
Any kind of shampoo, whether it is meant for hair loss or not, should clean your hair and scalp well. The Nioxin System 1 Cleanser Shampoo is mild and gets rid of all the buildup on your scalp. Your scalp will feel squeaky-clean and free from grease after using the Nioxin Clarifying Shampoo.
Reduces Hair Fall:
For people with hair loss, reducing the amount of hair shed will be the biggest priority. And I discovered that the Nioxin System 1 range really did reduce hair fall. The system works by strengthening the roots and follicles of your hair, as well as improving the resilience of your strands.
As a result, less hair will fall out while you brush, style, or wash your hair. Your hair will also be less prone to breakage and split ends.
Perfect for Fine Hair:
Lots of hair care products end up being too heavy for thin and fine hair. Heavy products can make hair loss even worse. However, the Nioxin shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in are formulated to be light and almost weightless on fine hair.
The Nioxin for fine hair products will give your hair the boost it needs without weighing it down.
- Dimensions: 5 x 2.4 x 8.9 inches
- Weight: 2.72 ounces
- Brand: Nioxin
- Gives you thicker-looking hair. Your hair will look and feel fuller and livelier.
- Improves scalp health. A healthy scalp means healthy hair. The Nioxin cleanser shampoo and scalp therapy products all improve scalp health so your hair can be lush and thick.
- Reduces hair fall. These products all strengthen the hair, making it less likely to fall out from the root. Also, they prevent breakage, fraying, and split ends; reducing overall hair loss.
- Smells good. The peppermint extract in the shampoo and conditioner gives the products a nice minty smell. Your hair will smell good and feel clean.
- It gives you awesome hair. These nourish your hair and scalp gently; and as a result, your locks will look fabulous. Hair will be shiny and flowing, in addition to being thicker and healthier.
- Gentle. The shampoo is nice and mild on the hair shaft. Moreover, the conditioner contains nutrients that protect your hair against damage and stress. To put it simply, System 1 is super kind to your hair.
- It is expensive. The kit can be quite an investment, especially since it isn’t cheap. However, since it treats hair loss and makes your hair healthy, it is worth every penny.
- It requires commitment. You need to use the whole kit together to see visible results. This can be a little time-consuming, but trust me, it is totally worth it in the long run.
Why I Recommend the Nioxin System 1 Hair Care Kit:
The Nioxin System 1 is a great kit if you’re beginning to notice some thinning in your hair. It improves scalp health and nourishes your hair. Your hair will feel stronger and healthier and will look thicker.
These products are definitely worth a shot if you have thin hair as the kit is guaranteed to work.
How Does the System 1 Kit Work?
Are you wondering how these products work to treat hair loss? I’m glad you asked! Nioxin products work in these ways to reduce hair fall and make your hair thicker.
Built-up sebum and oil can weaken the hair roots and makes fallout easier. The Nioxin shampoo is deep cleaning and will remove all gunk on your scalp.
DHT is a hormone or androgen that is known to cause hair loss. The ingredients in the Nioxin 1 products act as DHT blockers which reduce hair fall.
Improves Scalp Circulation:
As the products improve scalp health, they increase the blood circulation to the scalp. As a result, oxygen and nutrients can reach the hair follicles, leading to healthier hair.
The leave-in and conditioner both work to fortify the hair structure. The shaft is strengthened, reducing the chances of breakage and split ends.
Stimulates Hair Growth:
The peppermint in these products works to stimulate the scalp and encourage hair growth. You can also kind of feel the effects of the peppermint oil extract since it makes your scalp feel tingly.
How to Use the Nioxin System 1 Kit
The Nioxin’s normal to thin-looking hair can be a little intimidating to use at first. But relax; we’ll have you working this kit in no time. Bear in mind that this kit is for untreated hair–if you have color-treated hair the Nioxin 4 Kit is meant for you.
This is how the System 1 Kit should be used for the best results.
- Wet your hair and scalp thoroughly. Use warm water and make sure your hair is soaking wet.
- Apply the Nioxin 1 Cleanser Shampoo. Massage the lather well into your roots and gently work it down to the ends of your hair.
- Rinse with warm water and make sure there is no residue remaining.
- Apply the Scalp Therapy Conditioner. Massage it from your scalp to the very ends. Leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Pat the excess water out of your hair gently. Shake out your hair and apply the leave-in refresher to the scalp. Don’t rinse it out.
- Allow your hair to air dry and then style it as usual.
If you’ve been on the fence about getting the Nioxin kit, then I hope this Nioxin System 1 review will help you make up your mind. Hair loss can be demoralizing, but it doesn’t have to be final.
The right products can revitalize your hair and scalp to grow thick and healthy hair. If you’ve been suffering from mild hair loss, it’s time to take matters into your own hands.
With the Nioxin 1 Kit, a little time, and a lot of love, you too can have a head full of thick and luscious locks. And you will feel like a hundred bucks every time you look at yourself. So start the journey to perfect hair today. Bon voyage!
More Related Product Review: