Have you been fretting over your skin lately?
If you have, then I totally feel you. Hot summers can wreak absolute havoc on your skin. You sweat all the time, your skin is flushed, red, and greasy. The not-so-lovely cherry on top? Uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation.
Many people just give up on their skin, pile on the sunscreen, and a thick coat of concealer. But what if I told you that there was a better way to treat your skin, a way to rock that rosy glow, no matter the season?
That’s right, I’m talking about the Nia 24 skin care range. The line of products all use niacin as a major ingredient. Their patented Pro-Niacin molecule stimulates skin repair on the DNA-level by penetrating deeper into the skin.
I am going to talk about some of their products, what they do, and why they are good for you in this Nia 24 review.
If you want to learn more about niacin, or you want to fight sun damage and pigmentation, keep reading! These products might just be what you’ve been looking for.
What is the Nia 24 Range All about?
As I said, the Nia 24 skin care line aims to treat and heal skin that has been damaged by the sun. Sun-damaged skin can be identified by redness, peeling, and sunspots.
Furthermore, skin that has been exposed to the skin can look tanned, with an uneven tone and hyperpigmentation. More importantly, long term exposure to the sun can accelerate aging of the skin, making your skin look dull and tired. It can also result in premature wrinkles and fine lines.
So, what do the Nia 24 products do? Besides repairing damaged skin cells, it helps rebuild the skin barrier from the inside out. This, in turn, evens out your skin and reduces hyperpigmentation.
It improves the skin’s texture as well, making your face look smooth and luminous. As an extra benefit, it reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores, reversing the effects of aging and making your skin look fresh and youthful.
What is Niacin and What Does It Do?
Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3. It exists in two chemical forms; and niacinamide is the form that is used in skincare products. The compound is water-soluble and isn’t stored in the body. This means any excess niacin is generally excreted if not needed by the body.
Here are all the amazing things niacin can do for your skin:
Helps Maintain the Lipid Barrier:
Our skin needs a barrier to protect it from our surroundings. This barrier is made from fats or lipids and its most important function is to retain moisture.
If this barrier is damaged, your skin will look red and irritated. It will be dry and dehydrated. In some cases, the skin tries to make up for the dryness by producing even more oil, making your skin splotchy and greasy. Niacin fixes this barrier, making your skin look plump, healthy, and hydrated.
Minimizes the Appearance of Pores:
Since it keeps your skin healthy and moisturized, over time your skin’s texture will improve. This will give you smooth skin and pores that are barely noticeable. Furthermore, this makes blackheads and whiteheads easier to treat.
Flushed and blotchy skin are a huge skin concern for many. Niacinamide treats both inflammation and flushed skin. This makes it a great option for people with eczema, severe acne, and other skin issues that cause inflammation and redness.
For this reason, niacin is featured prominently in the Nia 24 Rapid Redness Recovery, a lotion that is used to instantly treat and neutralize redness.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of using niacin is that it treats hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. Research has shown that using 5% niacinamide can lighten dark spots. Regularly using products with niacinamide can brighten uneven or tanned skin.
While scientists aren’t fully sure why niacin treats pigmentation, they think it is because of increased collagen production. If you have a severe problem with discolored or spotty skin, the Nia 24 Rapid Depigmentation Serum or Nia 24 Gold Serum can help you out.
Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles:
Just like treating hyperpigmentation, studies have shown that 5% niacinamide also reduces the signs of aging that are a result of sun damage. This includes fine lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet. It also firms up the skin and increases its elasticity.
If you have severe acne and your regular acne creams aren’t working out, products with niacin can result in a dramatic improvement. Niacin especially helps with inflammatory acne such as cystic acne, papules, and pustules.
It reduces the redness of the affected areas and makes the lesions smaller. Over time, you will see the texture of your skin smoothen out, as your acne slowly heals.
Regulates Oil Production:
Greasy skin can be the bane of our existence, especially during hot weather. Niacin doesn’t just help the lipid barrier retain moisture. It also works to regulate the production of oil produced by our skin’s sebaceous glands. This prevents your skin from producing too much oil, keeping our greasy skin in check.
Nia 24 Review: An Overview
Now that you know what niacin can do for your skin, let’s move onto the Nia 24 products and what they do. I will talk about the different kinds of skincare products and how they work to treat your skin.
The Nia 24 range has elegant, rather minimal packaging and details that are easy on the eyes. Their packaging isn’t loud and is neutral enough to match the aesthetics of any bathroom cabinet or vanity. Their products are all white and green and look mature and sophisticated.
These are the products this range has to offer.
The Nia 24 Gentle Cleansing Cream is one of the most popular products from this range. Reviews on the Nia 24 gentle cleanser all rave about how mild it is. This cleanser is non-foaming and won’t strip your skin of its moisture. Instead, your skin will feel soft and supple after cleansing.
Users love the cleanser’s pleasant smell and how smooth it makes their skin. This is perfect for people with irritated or sensitive skin, as it has no harsh ingredients. Although it is just a face wash, you will notice your skin looks and feels rejuvenated after just a few uses. If you’ve been shopping around for a new cleanser, trust me, this one is well worth the money!
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.7 x 4.7 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Gently cleansing. It removes all kinds of dirt and makeup without stripping your skin of its moisture or drying it out.
- Great smell. The cleanser smells pleasant and isn’t overpowering.
- Suitable for sensitive skin. It won’t irritate sensitive or acne-prone skin. It is mild and can be used by all skin types.
- Treats sun damage. It gently heals sunburned or tanned skin, soothing and reviving angry skin.
- Affordable. The cleanser isn’t overly expensive and is easily available.
- It doesn’t make any dramatic changes to your skin. However, this is to be expected because a cleanser stays on your face for less than a minute before it is rinsed off.
Why I Recommend It:
This cleanser does the two main things that I’ve come to expect from all cleansers; it cleans well and doesn’t dry out or irritate the skin. On top of that, it smells amazing and gives the skin a subtle glow. I couldn’t really ask for more from a cleanser
Exfoliators break down and remove dead skin cells. The Nia 24 Physical Cleansing Scrub gently removes dead skin cells, making your skin look smooth and even. It fixes a splotchy complexion without damaging your skin further.
Want to know this scrub is special? This scrub contains Pro-Niasomes. These are spherical Jojoba Beads coated with Pro-Niacin which help wash away your skin’s visible imperfections. Many physical scrubs are too harsh for sensitive skin, but this one doesn’t cause any irritation, especially when used just twice a week.
If you’re looking for a more intense exfoliator, the Nia 24 Resurfacing Crystals gently buff off surface cells, revealing fresh and glowing skin underneath. It is basically like a microdermabrasion product you can use at home. This product also reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Dimensions: 2 x 3.2 x 7.2 inches
- Weight: 4 ounces
- It provides gentle physical exfoliation. It removes dead skin without irritation or micro-tears.
- Evens out the skin’s texture. It reduces redness and uneven skin.
- The Pro-Niacin treats spots and other imperfections. This also helps deal with pigmentation.
- Smoothes skin. The scrub removes blackheads and sebaceous filaments, making your pores less noticeable.
- Rather expensive. However, a little goes a long way so a tube will last for ages.
Why I Recommend It:
I liked this scrub a lot because of how gentle it is. Many people cannot use scrubs or physical exfoliants because they are too rough on the skin. But this one gently buffs off dead skin and residue without damaging your delicate skin. Instead, your face will look smooth and rosy. It also helps other skincare products or makeup get absorbed by your skin more easily.
These truly are the star products of this range. Most people with oily skin can’t use heavy creams or balms during the summer, as it makes their skin even oilier. On the other hand, this Nia 24 Skin Strengthening Complex is a great alternative.
It is a light and non-greasy moisturizer, containing both niacin and Vitamin A. It works great as a daily moisturizer as it works to treat skin texture and elasticity. If you have pigmentation, dark spots, or texture issues, this cream will fix them.
It firms up your skin and hydrates it. Dull and uneven skin tone will be transformed into smooth and glowing skin. This moisturizer really is a must-have!
On the other hand, Nia 24 Intensive Recovery Complex is more suited to dry skin as the formula is thicker and richer.
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.7 x 4.7 inches
- Weight: 1.76 ounces
- Strengthens the skin’s lipid barrier, retaining moisture. It also protects the skin from sun damage.
- Light and non-greasy formula. This makes it suitable for people with oily and acne-prone skin.
- Treats hyperpigmentation. It also lightens dark spots and evens out skin tone, making your skin look bright and smooth.
- Treats fine lines. The cream firms up the skin, making crow’s feet and fine lines less noticeable.
- Quick results. Unlike many other creams on the market, this one will give you visible results in just 6 weeks.
- The fragrance can be a little strong for people who are sensitive to smells. However, many people like the scent.
- Expensive. On the other hand, it does what it claims to do and much more, so this moisturizer is a great investment for your skin.
Why I Recommend It:
This cream is a Holy Grail product for many and has even been recommended by dermatologists. It is non-irritating and doesn’t make your skin oily. Instead, it hydrates your skin and treats hyperpigmentation, fine lines/wrinkles, dark spots, uneven skin tone, and even redness. It really is a one-stop solution for all your skin issues.
A quick search online will show you dozens of glowing Nia 24 eye cream reviews. I want to focus on the Nia 24 Eye Repair Complex since it is the most popular one in the range. This eye cream is rich and hydrating and contains lots of things your skin will love.
The skin under our eyes is weak and needs lots of love. The Nia 24 eye cream rejuvenates the under eye skin, making it more resilient against damage.
It also contains licorice root extract that reduces redness and neutralizes dark circles. It also makes the skin under your eyes less puffy in the mornings. Moreover, the cream contains peptides that stimulate the production of collagen. This makes the skin under your eyes smoother, brighter, and more elastic.
Nia 24 Eye Repair Complex reviews all claim that the cream hydrates their under eyes, making them look more alert and awake. This is no doubt one of the best eye creams available right now.
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 2 inches
- Weight: 0.48 ounces
- Lightens dark under eyes, neutralizing dark circles and reviving tired skin.
- Removes redness. The licorice root extract soothes red, flushed skin, and calms it down instead.
- Reduces puffiness. After a long night out, you will wake up looking fresh and bright-eyed. This cream helps you fake 8 hours of sleep!
- Firms the skin around the eyes. It improves the elasticity of the skin and makes it tighter and firmer. This in turn makes the under eye skin stronger and more resilient.
- Extremely expensive. This eye cream has a heavy price tag. But this is made by the fact that you only need a tiny pea-sized amount, so you won’t need to get a replacement soon.
Why I Recommend It:
This eye cream does everything you could ask of it. Like the moisturizer, it is a one-stop solution for all your under eye woes. It firms up the undereye area, making the wrinkles around the eyes fade away.
Besides that, it also brightens dark circles, neutralizing redness, and puffy eyes. With this eye cream, you will look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed every morning!
Actives are chemicals or compounds that have been proven to change the very structure of your skin at the cellular level. They work to repair and renew cells, dissolving dead skin cells, and improving cell turnover. This exposes new skin cells to the surface, making you look fresh-faced and glowy.
Retinol is one of the most commonly used actives as it treats aging, acne, and pigmentation. The Nia 24 Intensive Retinol Repair is fortified with both Pro-Niacin and Retinol which treat signs of aging and dark spots. The niacin strengthens the skin barrier while retinol stimulates cell turnover which improves both skin tone and texture.
It fades acne scars and fine lines, increasing overall skin radiance and plumpness. The cream/treatment also contains hyaluronic acid which makes the skin firm and plump. Reviews on Nia 24 retinol treatment all claim that it is gentle enough to suit sensitive skin.
- Dimensions: 6 x 3.1 x 1.8 inches
- Weight: 0.32 ounces
- Reverses the signs of aging. It fades fine lines and makes wrinkles less noticeable. Moreover, it will make your skin smooth and supple.
- Treats pigmentation. It is especially useful for treating dark spots and scarring from acne. Within 6 months you will notice a dramatic decrease in blemishes.
- Firms skin. The hyaluronic acid in the treatment makes your skin look and feel plump.
- Gives you glowing skin. Retinol is well known for the rosy glow it gives users. People have noticed a luminosity that comes with regular use of retinol products.
- Smells great. The treatment smells amazing and is very soothing
- Rather pricey. While not budget-friendly, this retinol treatment can easily take 10 years of your face. And to me, that makes it worth it.
Why I Recommend It:
Retinol products are something I just can’t live without. This product is basically a rejuvenating spa treatment packed into a tube. It treats acne, pigmentation, and aging; all without harming or irritating your skin.
The best part is that it plumps up your skin, locking in all the moisture and hydration. I’m sure this will become your favorite skincare product.
Not all skincare ranges were created equal. However, the Nia 24 skincare line up has something that will suit everyone. As this Nia 24 review has shown you, every product has been carefully formulated to treat sensitive, pigmented, and problematic skin.
Within just weeks of use, these products will reveal the smooth and flawless skin that has been waiting underneath the dead skin cells and sunscreen all along. You won’t believe the strides your skin will make with just a little niacin.
So tell me, which Nia 24 skin care product will you be getting next?
More Related Product Review: