Do you find yourself fighting with your hair? Do you look like a character from the movie Trolls, if you skip a wash day?
I get it. Dealing with dry and frizzy hair is a whole different nightmare.
But dry hair isn’t some impermeable curse. When treated just right, dry hair blooms into smooth and glossy locks. And by treating your hair right, I mean giving it lots and lots of hydration.
The bottom line is, dry and frizzy hair thrives on hydration and moisture. Those two factors are how you force your frazzled hair into submission.
The Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo promises to both hydrate and moisturize your hair. And I’m going to talk about why this shampoo is a blessing for dry hair in my Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo review.
What Makes the Biolage Hydrating Shampoo So Great?
There are loads of reasons why this shampoo has a cult following among people with frizzy and curly hair. The Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo adds moisture to unruly and dry hair. It makes your hair smooth and silky and easy to work with.
The shampoo itself is pearly and its consistency is somewhere between a cream and a gel. It lathers well and dispenses easily.
Here are things about the shampoo that I want to talk about.
This shampoo is a pretty safe option because it is paraben-free. Parabens are commonly used in skin and hair care products, but nowadays people are reluctant to use products with them.
This is because parabens are known to be bad for the body when used over longer periods. Research has shown that they interfere with the production and function of hormones in our bodies.
In the long run, they can cause fertility problems and even cancer. If you are health conscious, you will be relieved to know this Biolage shampoo has no parabens.
The magical hydration of this shampoo lies in the aloe in the formula. Aloe Barbadensis or the aloe plant and its juice has been in several cultures for centuries, thanks to all its amazing properties.
The aloe vera extract in the shampoo hydrates the hair, allowing the cuticle to absorb and retain moisture. As a result, dry and thirsty hair will be quenched and softened.
The aloe also soothes your irritated scalp and smooths frizz. Furthermore, the shampoo gives you 15x more moisturized hair after just one wash.
The Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo smells amazing. It has a pleasant floral smell that is simply irresistible. It is strong but not overpowering. If you’ve seen a Biolage Shampoo review online, chances are it mentioned the fragrant scent of their products.
The shampoo’s smell is long-lasting and clings to your hair for days. This is a pretty big deal for me and completely sold me on the shampoo.
Good Cleansing Ability:
Like any Biomatrix shampoo review will tell you, this shampoo is a great cleanser for a dry and itchy scalp. It foams up and lathers very well, leaving you with a clean-looking scalp. It removes excess sebum, oil, and dead skin from your scalp, without stripping hair of its moisture.
The shampoo is extremely effective and you only need a small amount to get squeaky-clean hair. As a result, a bottle will last for months before needing replacement.
Many shampoos available are harsh and drying. They strip your hair of its natural oils and moisture, leaving it straw-like and even frizzier. This shampoo is mild and won’t make your hair frizzy and dried out.
Also, since it is gentle, it won’t affect colored or bleached hair. It will keep dyed hair bright and vibrant. This makes it safe for color-treated hair.
The best thing about this shampoo is how well balanced it is. It knows exactly what your hair needs and will gently hydrate dry hair, leaving it moisturized and shiny.
Unlike other moisturizing shampoos, it won’t weigh down your hair or make your scalp feel greasy. It perfectly balances the moisture content in your hair.
This is important because over moisturized hair results in hygral fatigue. Over-moisturized hair will feel mushy and limp and is prone to breakage.
On the other hand, it won’t dry out or strip the moisture from your hair either. Instead, your hair will feel soft and silky and will look lush and healthy.
- Dimensions: 3.2 x 3.2 x 9.8 inches
- Weight: 2.11 pounds
- Brand: Matrix Biolage
- Hydrating and moisturizing. Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo is perfect for dry hair as it gives your hair plenty of hydration.
- Smooths frizzy hair. If you have frizzy hair, this shampoo will be a lifesaver. It tames frizz, making your hair soft and silky.
- Paraben-free. The shampoo has no parabens, making it safe to use.
- Safe for color-treated hair. Since the shampoo is mild and non-stripping, it won’t make the dye in your colored hair bleed out.
- Treats damaged hair. If you have frizzy and damaged hair that you often style with heat or bleach a lot, this shampoo will gently moisturize and heal it.
- Safe for natural hair. This shampoo is great for curly, kinky, and coily hair types. If your hair is coarse and dry, this shampoo will give it the moisture it needs. No matter what kind of hair you have, this shampoo makes it soft and silky.
- Balances moisture content. It won’t over-moisturize or dry out your hair.
- Good lather. The shampoo foams up well, making it easy to work the suds into your hair. As a result, your hair and scalp will feel very clean.
- Great smell. The floral scent will make your hair washes feel like a spa experience.
- Affordable. The shampoo isn’t too expensive and is easy to get. You won’t have to blow your budget on a bottle of this Hydrasource.
- There are lots of fake versions of this shampoo. To avoid getting a knockoff, only purchase the shampoo from a reputed source.
Why I Recommend the Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo:
As this Matrix Biolage review has stated, the Hydrasource is a great shampoo for damaged and dry hair. It hydrates and nourishes dry and lifeless hair. It revives frizzy hair with moisture, making it soft, silky, and smooth.
It smells amazing and will not strip or over-moisture your hair. It leaves hair feeling clean and looking shiny. All these features make it the best Biolage shampoo in my opinion.
How To Get The Most Out of Your Biolage Shampoo
If you’ve gone through the entirety of this shampoo Biolage review, then you’re in luck! Now I’ll tell you how to use this shampoo to give yourself a mini hair spa.
As any Biolage shampoo and conditioner review will tell you, frizzy hair needs a conditioner to get the best results. Conditioners moisturize dry hair and make it soft and easy to manage. Here’s how you can get salon-ready hair with the Hydrasource range.
- Wet your hair using lukewarm water. Make sure your hair and scalp are soaking wet.
- Split your hair into two sections. You can make more than two sections if your hair is particularly thick.
- Take a dime-sized amount of the Hydrasource shampoo and apply it to each section. Massage the lather gently into your scalp and run your fingers through your hair.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly in cool water.
- Squeeze out some of the excess water from your hair. Apply a generous amount of Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm from the middle to the ends of your hair. Let it soak in your hair for a few minutes, and then use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to detangle the knots in your hair.
- Rinse out the conditioner with cold water and air dry your hair.
- When hair is damp, apply the Hydrasource Daily Leave-In Tonic by raking it into your hair gently.
- Once your hair is dry it will be soft, smooth, and easy to style!
This Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo review highlights why it is great for dry and frizzy locks. If your hair feels tangled and lifeless, it could be begging you for hydration.
The Hydrasource will give your hair the moisture and hydration it needs. It will rejuvenate dry hair and gently bring it back to life. So why not give this shampoo a try?
You will find yourself coming back to this shampoo. And for good reason too, since you’ll have hair even Rapunzel would envy!