Has your beloved straightener finally decided to give up and stop working?
Or are you tired of using the same straightener you bought 7 years ago that’s been deep frying your hair?
Subjecting your locks to lots of heat regularly can wreak havoc on them in the long run. The ends become dry and frizzy, and your hair gets prone to split ends and breakage. After months of use, you will notice that your hair has become rough and thin.
But that doesn’t always have to be the case. The ghd Platinum+ Professional Performance Styler straightens your hair with minimal damage, prioritizing the health of your hair.
In this ghd Platinum Plus review, I’m going to go into what this straightener does, what makes it special, who it’s for, and why I recommend it.
What Does the Straightener Do?
Here’s what makes this straightener unique: it is a smart straightener. It is the world’s first straightener that can predict what your hair needs. This straightener monitors the heat 250 times per second. Therefore, it can prevent hair from getting scorched or burnt.
Here are the special features of the Platinum+ Professional Performance Styler.
Advanced Precision-Milled Plates:
This styler has a ceramic flat iron with floating plates. They have a high gloss finish, which straightens hair more smoothly. Also, they help add shine to your hair.
Protective Plate Guard:
The heat resistant protective guard prevents your fingers from burning while you straighten and style your hair. It also makes the straightener travel-friendly allowing you to toss it in a bag and take it wherever you want.
Automatic Sleep Mode:
Have you ever walked out the door, only to freeze in panic hours later at work because you remembered you left your straightener on? Well, with this straightener, you don’t need to worry about that anymore.
It turns off by itself after 30 minutes of no use. You won’t need to rush back home to switch it off!
The straightener has a universal voltage. This means you can use it anywhere in the world, without damaging the straightener or shorting the wiring.
This is what makes this straightener so brilliant: it maintains an optimal temperature at 365ºF the whole time. This prevents the device from overheating or scorching your hair. Furthermore, this protects your hair from extreme temperatures.
As a result, you can go ahead and style your hair however you want without burning or damaging it. Your hair will be stronger, with 20% more shine. It also gives your hair twice as much color protection. You can safely style dyed hair without worrying about the color fading.
GHD Platinum+ Professional Performance Styler Review
Now let’s get down to how well the Platinum Plus straightener works. It is sleek and elegant looking with silver detailing.
It is reasonably lightweight and is comfortable to use. Also, it is light and sturdy enough to pack it in a bag and take it with you when traveling.
These are the things this straightener does.
Gives Personalized Results:
The straightener is smart on many levels. It doesn’t just maintain a constant temperature and turn off by itself. It can also predict how much power each section of hair will need.
This means it can determine the thickness of the section you are styling. For instance, it will use less power when straightening a thick chunk of hair. Similarly, it will use less power when styling a thinner section of hair. This way you can straighten your hair evenly with minimal damage to your locks.
It has a distinct wishbone hinge and a rounded barrel. This allows you to style your hair without it getting tangled or snagged in the straightener.
It also allows lots of versatile hairstyles. With the tiniest bit of effort, you can create waves, chic curls, and flicks. As you can see, it is much more than a straightener.
It maintains a temperature of 365ºF no matter what; this constant temperature keeps your hair safe from heat damage. As a result, you can style your hair without worrying about brittle, dry ends, or breakage.
- Dimensions: 11 x 1.6 x 1.8 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
- Manufacturer: ghd
- Easy to use. The lightweight design and rounded barrel make this straightener extremely comfortable to use. It is also very safe, thanks to the protective plate guard.
- Convenient. The slim model is sturdy and travel-friendly. Also, the universal voltage means you can use it anywhere on the planet. This means you can have perfectly styled hair, no matter where you are!
- Automatic shutoff. It turns itself off after half an hour of zero activity. Not only does this make it safer, but it also conserves energy.
- Protects hair. The ceramic flat iron and temperature control make this straightener an excellent styling tool for your hair. Besides protecting your hair from extremely hot temperatures, it also adds smoothness and shine to your locks.
- Long power cord. The 9 ft. long swivel cord means you aren’t confined to the bathroom when styling. Moreover, you can move around freely when straightening your hair.
- Rather expensive. This straightener is a little pricier than others on the market. However, since it works well and keeps your hair healthy in the long run, I’d say it’s worth every penny.
- A little difficult to use on curly hair. Some users with long, coarse curls say that they had problems with the straightener. On the other hand, many people admitted that the straightener does work–it just takes a little longer on big curls.
How to Use the ghd Platinum+ Professional Performance Straightener
If you’re new to styling hair, or you just haven’t gotten the hang of using a smart straightener, this little guide might help you out.
- Start with clean, dry hair. Separate your hair into little sections.
- If you’re especially protective over your hair, spray each section with some kind of heat protection spray. For instance, this ghd Heat Protect Spray is suitable for all hair types and protects your locks from any kind of heat damage.
- Hold the straightener close to the roots of your hair, making sure it doesn’t touch your scalp. Slowly and gently move from the roots to the tip of hair in a gliding motion. Repeat if necessary.
- Once you’ve straightened all the sections, shake out your roots with your fingers to add some volume. If you want, you can set your hair with some hairspray.
Heat damage is a real threat to those you need to style their hair frequently. Damaged hair looks frizzy, dry, and unhealthy. Split ends and breakage can be a nightmare, especially for people who can’t put down their straightener.
But this straightener offers a middle-of-the-road, safer solution. With it, you can easily straighten your every day without damaging it. And you can style your hair any way you want, without worrying about frying your locks.
Was this ghd Platinum Plus review helpful? If you’re looking for a new straightener, you should definitely consider giving this one a try.
More Related Product Review: