Here’s a little scenario.
You’re home after a long day outside. You wash your face carefully, removing all traces of dirt, sunscreen, and makeup. Next, you dry your face, eager to crawl into bed and catch some zzz’s.
But when you look in the mirror, your face still has streaks and smears of makeup. What do you do? Do you go for Round 2 of cleansing, or do you hit the sack, with the makeup residue on your face?
If this happens to you often, you’re not alone. And if you want to get a perfectly clean face without all the scrubbing and repeated cleansing, I have just the skincare tool for you.
I’m going to talk about silicone cleansers in this FOREO Luna Play Plus review. The FOREO Luna Play Plus is one of the most talked-about skin care devices in the world right now. In my review, I’m going to discuss what the device is like, how it works, and what I liked about it.
Keep reading and find out more about these fantastic little cleansing machines!
Why Choose a Silicone Cleansing Tool?
Perhaps you’re wondering why you even need a cleansing device. After all, you’ve got your hands, as well as washcloths and exfoliants/scrubs. But you may have noticed that they don’t always work, especially when you’re waterproof or long-lasting makeup.
These are just a few reasons why a cleansing device is a good idea.
Like I just said, you can’t always clean your face properly using your hands and a washcloth. Compared to this, the Luna Play Plus is way more effective. The vibrations or ‘T-Sonic Pulsations’ as FOREO calls them.
These vibrations gently clean the face by dislodging or loosening makeup and dirt on your face. This lets it clean the spots on your face that your hands usually miss. Thanks to this device, your face will look and feel cleaner than it has in years.
Silicone cleansing devices are much gentler for your skin than scrubs or makeup wipes. Also, many people wash their face rather roughly, even when using their fingertips.
The silicone bristles are also way gentler than those on spin brushes and Clarisonic brushes. This makes them ideal for use on delicate and sensitive skin.
Silicone brushes like the FOREO Play Plus are a much cleaner and skin-friendly choice when compared to cleansing sponges and regular bristle brushes. These materials take longer to dry and are fertile grounds for bacterial growth. As a result, they can cause acne and other skin issues.
On the other hand, silicone brushes are non-porous, which means that they have no holes that stay damp and encourage bacterial growth. Moreover, silicone devices are easy to clean and dry quickly. Cleaning off residue is easier too; all you need to do is wipe down the bristles with a clean cloth.
FOREO Luna Play Plus Review: First Impressions
I was pretty intrigued by the FOREO cleansing devices and I wanted to see how they’d hold up in terms of performance and effectiveness.
The Luna Play Plus is a pocket-sized face cleanser and is a little larger than their super popular and tiny Luna Play device. If you’ve seen a Luna Play review, you may have noticed that it is a little too small for some people. The Play Plus is perfect for people who want a slightly larger cleansing device.
These Luna cleansers come in a wide array of colors. Depending on your choice of color, you can get the Play Plus in Fuchsia, Pearl Pink, Purple, Mint, Aquamarine, Sunflower Yellow, and Midnight Black. I loved that there are so many colors available to choose from.
Although they are larger than the Luna Play models, these cleansers are still quite small. This is another plus point for the device as it doesn’t take up much room. Here are a few other features about the FOREO Luna Play Plus that caught my eye.
Because the FOREO Play Plus is reasonably small and pocket-sized, it is very travel-friendly. Furthermore, since it isn’t chargeable, you won’t need to worry about compatible sockets, when traveling away from home.
These features make the device quite travel-friendly. Furthermore, the device is also quite sturdily designed, so you can easily pack it in your luggage or handbag when going on trips.
If you want something even smaller, FOREO has you covered. There is a Luna Mini at Sephora and other retailers, as well as available online.
Besides being travel-friendly because of its size, it is also convenient to use and store. The small size makes it very easy to store in your vanity or bathroom cabinet.
Also, heavier devices can be annoying to hold up to your face for minutes at a time. Since the FOREO device is almost weightless, you won’t feel irritated or annoyed while using the device.
Easy to Use:
You might think that a mechanical cleansing device might be complicated to use. Quite the contrary! All you need to do is turn it on and glide it over your face in circular motions.
Each cleansing session takes just one minute. At the end of the session, the device alerts you that the time is up. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
Great Cleansing Power:
The device’s cleansing power is what makes it exceptional. If you’ve seen a FOREO Play Plus review by beauty editors and bloggers, you will know how well they clean the face. The T-Sonic Pulsations deliver 8000 pulses each minute, dislodging dirt, grease, and makeup.
The device also has exfoliating properties. The silicone bristles buff off the dead skin gently, as well as dirt and pollution. Moreover, the device 99.5% of dirt, oil, and makeup from the skin. Afterward, your skin will feel clean and soft.
Gentle and Non-Irritating:
Although it exfoliates the skin, the FOREO Play Plus is extremely gentle on the skin. The silicone bristles are very mild and can’t create micro-tears in the skin. Also, unlike regular nylon brush bristles, silicone bristles aren’t abrasive at all.
Because of this, the Play Plus is a much safer option for sensitive skin. It is also hypo-allergenic, making it perfect for people with allergies. If you have sensitive, delicate skin, the FOREO device is much better for your skin than a spin brush, or even a washcloth.
Improves the Skin:
You might not have expected a cleansing tool to dramatically change the condition of your skin. And you’d be quite right too. However, consistently using the device will improve the texture and condition of your skin gradually.
Because it is so gentle and removes all kinds of dirt and makeup, it will make your skin look fresh and healthy. Moreover, the mild exfoliation lifts away dead skin, which corrects dullness and mild blemishes. Over time, your skin will look radiant and glowy. The device also prevents acne and congested skin.
We’re usually used to chargeable skincare devices. However, the FOREO Luna Play Plus uses a single replaceable AAA battery. You might think the battery will need frequent replacing, right?
The good news is that the battery lasts up to 400 uses or 180 days on standby. This means you only need to replace the battery once a year or so.
Unlike many other popular skincare devices, the FOREO devices are pretty easy to find. You won’t have to hunt them down, or need to placed on a long waitlist. Sephora and Luna devices have been closely associated since the beginning of their skincare line. In fact, Sephora has many FOREO products available.
You can also find the Luna Play Plus on Amazon.
Precise Cleaning and Effectiveness:
The Play Plus has different bristle types and touchpoints for each part of the face. Also, 2-zone cleaning makes it suitable for cleaning all types of skin. The thinner touchpoints are ideal for cleaning the more delicate parts of the face, like around the eyes and mouth.
On the other hand, the thicker bristles and touchpoints on top are meant for the parts of the face that need a more thorough cleaning. For instance, the T-zone is more prone to buildup and acne and thus needs deeper cleaning.
This 2-zone cleaning helps you clean your face with precision, making the cleansing device more effective. You can clean your entire face thoroughly in half the time compared to using your fingers or a spin brush.
Pleasant Cleansing Experience:
Washing your face every day doesn’t always feel fun. When you’re tired, it can feel like a boring chore. However, thanks to the Luna Play Plus, you can get a perfectly clean face without doing any of the work.
The vibrations of the brush are extremely relaxing and it feels a lot like getting a massage. And since all you have to do is move it around your face, it won’t feel like a chore at all. Instead, think of it as getting a spa facial right at home!
Your skin will feel fresh and rejuvenated afterward, and will be ready to absorb the creams and serums you apply after cleansing.
- Dimensions: 1.2 x 2.4 x 2.3 inches
- Weight: 2.08 ounces
- Batteries: AAA batteries (Included)
- Manufacturer: FOREO
- Hygienic and safe. The silicone used is non-porous and dries quickly, which prevents the growth of bacteria on the device. This means it won’t cause acne or make existing blemishes worse.
- Gentle and non-abrasive. Unlike nylon bristles, the silicone ones are extremely mild and gentle to the touch. This makes the Luna Play Plus safe for sensitive skin.
- Waterproof. The device is completely waterproof so it won’t be damaged in case you drop it in your sink.
- Effective. The T-Sonic Pulsations make the bristles vibrate, removing dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin within seconds.
- Easy to use. All you need to do is turn the device on and glide it across your face in circular motions.
- Travel-friendly. The lightweight and compact design make the FOREO device easy to pack if you are going on a trip.
- Batteries have a long life. Since the device doesn’t require much power, each battery can last for up to 400 uses.
- Dual-zone cleansing makes the brush suitable for all skin types. The two kinds of bristles on the brush allow for precise cleaning.
- Reasonably priced. While it isn’t exactly cheap, the device isn’t expensive. This is true especially when considering what it does.
- Exfoliates skin. The bristles buff away dead skin cells that build up on the surface. It also removes hardened sebum and blackheads/whiteheads with regular use.
- Soothing and relaxing. The gentle vibrations feel a lot like a pleasant facial massage.
- Not time-consuming. The cleansing takes just a minute. This means you can easily fit it into your daily schedule.
- Good for the skin. It cleans the skin well, making your skin look healthy and radiant.
- No dramatic change to the skin. However, this is to be expected as it is merely a cleansing device. It claims to clean the skin very well and that’s exactly what it does.
Why I Recommend the Luna Play Plus:
There are lots of reasons why I adore this FOREO device. As you can tell from this Luna Play Plus review, the small size and absolute effectiveness are two things I really loved about it.
Besides that, I really like how gentle the device is. Unlike the harsh bristles of a spin brush, the Play Plus felt mild and pleasant. Cleaning and storage are also simple with this device. The FOREO brush dries very quickly and it fits into the tiniest shower storages.
All in all, this is a great skincare device to have, especially if you’re on a budget. Small, cutesy, and a dream to use; what’s not to love about it?
How to Get the Most Out of Your Luna Play Plus
If you just got your first Luna cleansing brush, you might be a little nervous about how to use it. If you are; don’t worry! The device is extremely easy to use and you’ll be a FOREO pro in no time at all.
Here’s how you should use the Play Plus for the best and quickest results.
- Start with clean hands. Dampen your face and apply your cleanser. It is advised that you use a mild and pH balanced cleanser to prevent your skin from feeling stripped.
- Wet the Luna Play Plus slightly and turn it on.
- Cleanse your face with it. Since the bristles vibrate on their own, you just need to move it around slowly, gliding it across your face in circular motions. Cleaning each part of your face should take around just 10 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, the device will alert you that the cleansing is done. If you feel like a part of your face isn’t clean enough, you can go over it again. However, using the device on your face for over 3 minutes can irritate your skin.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel. Follow up with your regular skincare routine.
It might come as a surprise that many people wash their faces incorrectly. It is best to use a device that does the cleaning for you. The FOREO device is low maintenance, easy to use, and insanely effective. When you’re too tired to wash your face, this is the device you will reach for.
Has this FOREO Luna Play Plus review made you rethink your cleansing strategy? Cause it certainly did so for me. Sleeping with a face full of makeup and a day’s worth of dirt can cause an outbreak of pimples and blemishes. Dealing with that is a whole new headache, and isn’t worth the trouble at all.
So, save yourself the heartbreak (and acne creams) and give the Luna Play Plus a shot!