Have you ever gone to bed with perfectly washed, smooth hair; only to wake up looking like Beaker from the Muppets?
Dry and frizzy hair can be pretty temperamental. One moment it looks soft and tamed, and the next second you look like you just got electrocuted. Also, frizzy hair can get worse in damp and humid weather.
To combat the dryness, you need to give your frizzy mane lots and lots of hydration. After all, frizzy hair is just regular hair that needs extra hydration and moisture.
The Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm promises to hydrate, nourish, and detangle dry hair. In my Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm review, I’m going to talk about why the conditioner suits frizzy hair so well and how you should use it for the best results.
Interested? Let’s get started!
Why I Loved the Biolage Conditioner
The Hydrasource Conditioning Balm is a rich and thick conditioner that aims to hydrate extremely dry, frizzy, and tangled hair. It works as a conditioning treatment for damaged hair, making your dry hair look shiny and healthy.
These features made the Biolage Conditioning Balm stand out:
Anyone with curly hair will already know that sulfates are terrible for frizzy hair. This is because sulfates are harsh detergents that strip your hair of every ounce of moisture. As a result, they make coarse and dry hair even drier and more tangled.
If you have frizzy hair, using a conditioner with sulfates pretty much defeats the purpose. In the long run, your hair will be frizzier and more damaged. Instead, the Hydrasource conditioner has no sulfates and won’t further damage your hair.
Are you a puritan when it comes to the ingredients in your body care products? If yes, then I have good news for you! This hair balm has pretty safe ingredients for people with sensitive skin or allergies.
This conditioner is free from soy and coconut extracts, or anything derived from them. If you’re allergic to coconut or soy, you can use this conditioner safely.
Furthermore, it is also free from lanolin, nickel, gluten, and topical antibiotics. This makes it safe for people with sensitivities to these compounds.
No Itchy M’s:
If you’re a hair care enthusiast, you’ve probably heard of itchy M’s. Itchy M’s are Methylisothiazolinone (MI) And Methylchloroisothiazolinone (MCI); two preservatives often found in shampoos and conditioners. They are known to irritate the skin and make your scalp feel itchy and flakey.
The conditioner has no MCI/MIs, so it is good for people who have a dry and irritated scalp.
The Hydrasource conditioner is formulated after the properties of the hydrating aloe plant. Aloe has been used as a source of moisture and hydration for centuries. It also soothes dry skin, burns, and inflammation.
Besides providing a source of hydration to frizzy and thirsty hair, the aloe in this conditioner also helps your hair retain moisture. As a result, coarse and dry hair will be transformed into smooth, silky locks.
More importantly, the aloe in the balm optimizes the moisture balance of your hair. This will give your hair the perfect amount of moisture, preventing hair from becoming over-moisturized and lifeless.
If you’ve used the Bioloage Hydrasource Shampoo, you already know how amazing the shampoo smells. Their conditioner is no different.
It has a lovely floral smell that lasts for a good while. It clings to your hair and will make heads turn wherever you go. This floral fragrance is just wonderful and will make you feel great too.
Unlike many conditioners, the Hydrasource Conditioner isn’t greasy. It has a creamy texture and has the hallmark of a great conditioner–it is super slippery.
This makes it a really good detangler. If you have super knotted hair that is difficult to detangle, this hair balm will help you out. The extra slip of the conditioner will help you detangle knots with the least amount of pain and hair loss. In fact, the condition is so slippery that you won’t even need a comb to detangle with it; you can just use your fingers.
Intense Moisture and Hydration:
This condition is the real deal; it delivers buckets of moisture and hydration to your hair. Coarse, frizzy hair will be unrecognizable after just one conditioning treatment.
The aloe in the balm conditions the hair, providing hydration to thirsty hair. It also lets your hair retain and hold onto the moisture it gains while washing. Your hair will feel soft and will look smooth and silky once dried. Moreover, it will be free from knots and tangles.
Moreover, the conditioner is rich and feels a lot like a deep conditioning treatment or masque. This, to me, makes the Hydrasource balm unique and more than just an everyday conditioner.
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 4.1 x 3.4 inches
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Brand: Matrix Biolage
- Safe ingredients. This cream conditioner is free from sulfates, lanolin, nickel, soy, and coconut. It also has no itchy M’s and will not irritate sensitive skin.
- Amazing detangling ability. It provides lots of slip which gives you soft and tangle-free hair. Furthermore, knots and tangles will be easier to manage and smooth out.
- Hydrating and moisturizing. The conditioner is intensely hydrating and this lets it tame wild and frizzy hair. It nourishes dry hair and makes it soft and silky.
- Good smell. The soft floral smell is pleasant and makes your hair smell great for days.
- Safe for colored hair. Bleached and color-treated hair is fragile and needs lots of moisture. The Hydrasource Balm is perfectly safe for dyed hair and won’t damage it any further.
- Deep conditioning. This product doubles as a deep conditioner and can be used to treat dry and damaged hair. This reverses the effects of bleaching, heat styling, and other damage done to hair.
- Expensive. This conditioner is rather pricey; however, but because it deep-conditions and smoothes frizzy hair, it is well worth the price.
- Very heavy. The balm is very rich and moisturizing and can weigh down fine hair. On the other hand, it is just perfect for people with thick and coarse hair.
- Plenty of fake versions on the market. Make sure you get a sealed product from an authorized seller.
Why I Recommend the Hydrasource Conditioning Balm:
This conditioner is just amazing; it hydrates dry hair and moisturizes frizzy hair, making it smooth, soft, and shiny. Also, it uses safe ingredients, making it perfect for people with allergies, sensitive skin, and color-treated hair. The deep conditioning properties make this conditioner an absolute win in my book.
How to Use the Hydrasource Balm
If you’re sick of battling with dry and frizzy hair, you’re not alone. Here’s how you can use the Hydrasource conditioner to treat and tame your frizzy mane.
- Begin with clean and washed hair. For the best results, wash your hair well with the Bioloage Hydrasource Shampoo.
- Divide your wet hair into 2 or more sections. Loosely tie up the sections you aren’t working with.
- Apply a decent amount of conditioner to each section of your hair. This will depend on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Detangle your hair. Using a wide-tooth comb or just your fingers, detangle the knots and snarls in your hair gently.
- Leave the conditioner in your hair. If you want to use it as a regular conditioner, leave it in for 3-5 minutes. On the other hand, if you want to use the balm as a deep conditioner, leave it in for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse out the conditioner. Use cool or cold water to rinse out all the conditioner from your hair.
- Gently pat out the excess water from your hair and let it air dry on its own. Don’t towel dry your hair roughly or use a dryer as it will make your hair even frizzier.
If you’ve been beating yourself up over misbehaving hair, I get how you feel. Dry and frizzy hair can be impossible to style, so your main priority should be giving your hair the hydration it’s been begging you for.
This Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm review shows how the product treats dry hair. After just one conditioning treatment, you will notice the change in your hair. Your hair will be soft, smooth, and free from tangles. And instead of frizz, you will wake up to perfect hair.
Give this conditioner a shot; your thirsty hair will thank you for it!
More Product Review: